Known as the Andrews Sisters Tribute, they lift spirits & boost morale encouraging the “troops” to sing, clap along & do an ol’ shoe shuffle (where & when allowed.)
Three sassy, entertaining gorgeous, harmonious, humble Divas are supported by a rambunctious, dynamic professional band that deliver with toe-tapping rousing music of the ‘40s & beyond! Known as the Andrews Sisters Tribute, they lift spirits & boost morale encouraging the “troops” to sing, clap along & do an ol’ shoe shuffle (where & when allowed.)
The diverse Show starts with a “warmer” by our talented Trumpet player/Vocalist who drops a couple of “jokes” then the ladies march in with their authentic WW2, USA army uniforms, singing “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy”. Whilst we take people on a trip down memory lane in our first bracket, we chasse into either beautiful red, white & blue ballgowns or day frocks with big skirts & gloves in the 2nd bracket. This includes more of the Andrews Sisters music, but also displays the influences they had on other femme fatale groups e.g., Manhattan Transfer & whom they sang with, The Supremes & Pointer Sisters.
Our boogie, boisterous rendition of “Candyman” by Christina Aguilera also ignites the crowd. Towards the end we state, “If the Andrews Sisters were around today, maybe they’d sound a little bit like this” & launch into our own medley of Abba songs in three-part harmony. This arouses a huge reaction, finishing with Glenn Miller’s “In the Mood” as each band member plays a solo. Presenting this dynamic Show, our front-line brass players (either two or three) are called “Boogie Beat Horns” & dress in the same WW2 regalia.
Three dynamic divas with a five-piece band igniting the stage. You’ll be, “In the Mood” with The Andrews Sisters Tribute Morning Melodies Show!
- For patrons with mobility difficulties and Companion Card holders please call our Box Office on 07 4122 6060 Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm to enquire or make your booking.
- In line with current directions from the Queensland Government from 1 May 2021 all patrons must now use the Check In QLD app when entering the venue. To make entry faster you can download the Check In QLD app and complete your details before your arrival. If you do not have a compatible smart device, our ambassadors will be on hand to check you in. You can find out more information about the Check in QLD app by clicking here. Note that all members of your party are required to check in with the Check In QLD app event though we recorded your contact details with your booking for this performance.
- For the safety of yourself and others contact tracing information (Full Name) is required for each ticket holder. If purchasing your tickets at the door, please arrive early to provide this information. For more information visit our COVID-19 Update page.
- When attending these events, you are strongly encouraged to wear a mask when you are not sitting in your allocated seat and it is not possible to physically distance. This could include entering or exiting the venue, leaving your seat to go to the bathroom or purchasing food or drinks.
- Terms and conditions of sale have recently changed, please familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions, available on our website, prior to purchasing your tickets.