The Maryborough Showgrounds and Equestrian Park (MSEP) is a regionally significant facility within the Fraser Coast Regional Council area, developed on a purpose designed 105Ha site with frontage to the Bruce Highway.
The MSEP was developed by the former Maryborough City Council in order to provide services and facilities for people to participate in active recreation, sport, education, competition and entertainment activities and events. The development of the facility has been guided by a master plan (2008) and a number of precinct related sub plans and audits. Over the past 20 years the use of the facility has increased substantially.
In 2020, extensive consultation was undertaken with user groups and the Fraser Coast community to determine key insights and to drive the development of a 5 year Strategic Plan for the venue.
The Maryborough Showgrounds and Equestrian Park (MSEP) is greatly valued by our community and visitors to our region as a flexible, accessible venue with a reputation for innovative and diverse events, and equestrian, sport and recreation activities.
- Recognise and maximise the contribution of the MSEP to the Fraser Coast community and regional economy
- Ensure MSEP facilities are safe, sustainable, fit-for-purpose and avoid duplication
- Ensure sound business principles and customer focus in the management of the MSEP
Maryborough Showgrounds and Equestrian Park is situated in southeast Queensland and easily accessed by air (Fraser Coast airport), road, buses and rail (Tilt Train) services.
The complex is very well supported by the infrastructure of nearby cities (Hervey Bay, Maryborough and Bundaberg) including catering, accommodation and hire services capable of supporting even the largest event.
By road: 3 kms north of the Maryborough CBD, 114 kms south of Bundaberg, 213 kms north of Caboolture and 254 kms north of Brisbane
The quality and breadth of our facilities make it one of the most exciting and versatile venues of its kind in Australia! The purpose-designed 105-hectare Reserve is divided into two major areas: the first accommodates the exhibition halls, stadiums, arenas, camping sites and other buildings. The second is the bush area for cross-country, trail riding and outdoor recreation.
- Fully-equipped covered arena
- Several major exhibition halls
- 100’s of powered camping sites
- Grandstand stadium and outdoor arenas
- Cross-country courses
- Numerous fully serviced display & activity areas.
Infrastructure is of the highest standard:
- Sealed road network
- Excellent lighting and parking
- Under-cover facilities and numerous outdoor arenas
- Sale-yards, sheds, and excellent yards and stables
- Canteens, bars and halls
- Powered drive-through sites, extensive toilet facilities and amenities.