Opera Queensland and The Brolga Theatre present
Are You Lonesome Tonight.
Are You Lonesome Tonight is a celebration of Opera and Country music, featuring arias and songs by Puccini, Verdi, Slim Dusty, Troy Cassar-Daley and Dolly Parton to name just a few.
Featuring a cast of three of Australia’s finest young singers including Irena Lysiuk, Marcus Corowa and Jonathan Hickey, Are You Lonesome Tonight celebrates all that Opera and Country music have in common - artists, composers and librettists across both artforms understand the power of storytelling sharing many common themes of profound love, heartache, and triumph in the face of adversity.
Are You Lonesome Tonight marks Opera Queensland’s 40th anniversary with the most extensive tour in the company’s history, visiting nearly 30 communities around Queensland.
Are You Lonesome Tonight is proudly supported by Beef Australia.
- For the safety of yourself and others full contact tracing information is required for each ticket holder. This includes full name, phone number and email (or residential address if unavailable). If purchasing your tickets at the door, please arrive early to provide this information. For more information visit our COVID-19 Update page.
- For patrons with mobility difficulties and Companion Card holders please call our Box Office on 07 4122 6060 Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm to enquire or make your booking.
- In line with current directions from the Queensland Government from 1 May 2021 all patrons must now use the Check In QLD app when entering the venue. To make entry faster you can download the Check In QLD app and complete your details before your arrival. If you do not have a compatible smart device, our ambassadors will be on hand to check you in. You can find out more information about the Check in QLD app by clicking here. Note that all members of your party are required to check in with the Check In QLD app event though we recorded your contact details with your booking for this performance.
- When attending these events, you are strongly encouraged to wear a mask when you are not sitting in your allocated seat and it is not possible to physically distance. This could include entering or exiting the venue, leaving your seat to go to the bathroom or purchasing food or drinks.
- Terms and conditions of sale have recently changed, please familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions, available on our website, prior to purchasing your tickets.